This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our Sites and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information to third parties. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data (for example Caricom API and US secure flight data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect, and disclose to others, the information you provide to us and our group companies and brands for business purposes and also third-party companies and our third-party service providers for the purposes set forth below in this Section 2. We will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of the Company for any other purpose unless (a) you expressly authorize us to do so, or; (b) it is necessary to allow our service providers or agents to provide services to you or; (c) it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements; (d) it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company or the merger of Company into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, bankruptcy or like transaction in which the Company is not the survivor; (e) it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, administration, service, customer care, quality and improvement related activity, business management and operation, risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programs, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection, or; (f) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies or third-parties as set above (“Our Use of Your Information”). We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalized and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with our third-party business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws and social media
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you a summary of your information retained by the Company. As allowed by law and consistent with our applicable business partner agreements, you may modify, correct, change, or request the Company to delete or update information that you have supplied to us through the Sites by contacting the Company via postal mail to: TCS World Travel, 3131 Elliott Avenue, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98121; or, to the extent available, you can amend your previous preference either: (i) directly on our website(s); (ii) by using our “unsubscribe email” available on every marketing email sent by the Company; (iii) by opting-out of personalized emails; or (iv) by referring to our literature containing instructions on how to opt-out of marketing communications. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Use of Tools "Cookies" and Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions carefully.
Children under 13
Our Sites are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not collect information from children under 13 other than as when necessary to comply with the law or for safety reasons. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our Sites. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
California Privacy Rights
This section is applicable to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights described below.
(1) RIGHTS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a "California Customer") may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by mailing us at TCS World Travel, 3131 Elliott Avenue, Suite 300, Seattle, WA 98121 or emailing us at [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to two requests per California Customer each year under Code Section 1798.83.
(2) RIGHTS UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
You have a Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
California residents have the right to request that the Company disclose what personal information it collects, uses, discloses, and sells. This is called the “Right to Know”. Under the Right to Know, you can request a listing of the types of personal information we have collected about you, the sources of that information, how we use the information (e.g., our business or commercial purposes for collecting or selling personal information), other individuals and business with whom we share personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
If you would like the above information, you may contact us through our email at [email protected] or fill out request form at the link below: